The Arrival is actually a personal project I shot as part of my application for film university. Despite not being among the final five students, making the top ten certainly was a nice acknowledgement for me as a filmmaker. Due to that, this short is probably my most favorite and one of the projects I was most passionate about while shooting it.
Set in the present, this sci-fi short centers around a young boy whose infantine curiosity soon sends him on a quest to find the source of a mysterious earthquake. Armed with nothing but his flashlight, the boy begins to search for the unkown only to make an astounding discovery…
- Camera: Canon EOS C100 Mark I
- Medium: Digital
- Lenses: Sigma Art 18-35mm f/1.8 & Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4
- Recording Quality: 1080p FullHD
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Codec: ProRes 422 HQ
- Recorded to: Atomos Ninja Blade
- Runtime: 02:40 min.
- Production Company: LUMA Films
- Concept & Idea: Matthias Streicher
- Director: Matthias Streicher
- Cinematographer: Matthias Streicher
- Music by: Daniel James
- Edited & Graded by: Matthias Streicher